"Being a Celebration volunteer is like being a superhero. In real life, we might be shy, wallflower geeks, but when we put on that orange T-shirt, we are transformed into masters of crowd-control and information-offering."
The Star Wars Celebration VI (SWCVI) Crew team plays a vital role in ensuring the show runs smoothly, while being successful and fun for guests and fans. It's an excellent way to experience life as a show organizer—see what goes on "behind the curtain"—and contribute to a massive event for your Star Wars community.
This year, Star Wars Celebration VI's on-site crew staff will be paid in exchange for their dedication to work the ENTIRE time at Star Wars Celebration VI.
The Lucasfilm, Ltd. and ReedPOP staffs appreciate all who offer their time to help run an amazing show. We are thrilled to offer this opportunity for our super-dedicated fans. It is also a HUGE reminder that this job is an important component to the success of Star Wars Celebration VI!
- Must be 21 years of age as of August 23, 2012
- Must be available to work the full length of Star Wars Celebration VI (Thursday, August 23 – Sunday, August 26, from morning until evening. Hours could vary. Some crew may be needed to work Wednesday, August 22 as well.)
- Do not apply if you plan to work as an exhibitor, artist or panelist at SWCVI
- Must be willing to wear the appropriate crew attire for each position. Crew members will not work in costumes.
General tasks and qualifications include, but may not be limited to…
- Line Management
- Collaborating with staff members on-site to help run portions of the show
- Room set-up and organization
- Answering questions & giving accurate directions
- Assisting special event organizers with running events
The SWCVI Staff is looking for individuals who possess at least several, if not all, of the following qualities…
- Professionalism When you work SWCVI, you represent ReedPOP AND Lucasfilm, Ltd. Treat everyone well, present yourself well and do the right thing.
- Service-Oriented – Customer service experience a HUGE plus! Be willing to help your fellow crew and staff members as well as the attendees.
- Patience and composure
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Self-Starting who collaborates well with others; team player
- Love Star Wars. Not a requirement per say, but it's a big plus. You will get asked many questions about Star Wars from the attendees.
Note: Crew positions are extremely limited and all applications are subject to approval. If you were qualified as a volunteer for previous Star Wars Celebration shows, you are not automatically guaranteed a slot for SWCVI.
The Star Wars Celebration VI staff would like to thank everyone who applied to work as part of our on-site Crew team. We are reviewing all applications and will be reaching out to all accepted entrants no later than July 20.