With many good Star Wars podcasts on the air, and so much great Star Wars news at Celebration, we’re introducing a new location at Celebration Anaheim created especially for podcasters: the Celebration Podcast Stage.
The stage will be located at a permanent space for the duration of the show, with a small stage and room for an audience. Interested podcasters can send in their applications starting now. Podcasts will be chosen based on a number of factors, and those accepted will be put in a lottery to determine their time on stage.
Here’s how to apply for one of the limited number of podcast slots:
Fill out the form here with the following information, which will include a brief (limit 1000 words) proposal about your panel.
- Name of your podcast
- Number of broadcasts to date; and the date your podcast first went on the air
- Average number of people who tune in to each episode
- Your podcast website, plus links to your related social media
- Links to what you consider your best three podcasts
- Language and location of your podcast
- Summary of your podcast’s involvement in, and positive influence on the Star Wars fan community
- Number of people you propose to involve as hosts, and a statement that each is over 18 years of age.
Celebration Podcast Stage applications start now, but we will not start responding to podcast applications until September 30, 2014, and final decisions might not be made until November 30, 2014.
More You Should Know about the Celebration Podcast Stage:
- Celebration Podcast Stage time is strictly for not-for-profit, fan-based podcasts that will be broadcasting about Celebration, its guests and events only. Podcasts must be historically Star Wars-themed and family-friendly.
- All podcasters accepted for broadcasting at Celebration Anaheim must be at least 18 years of age.
- No podcast guests will be provided by Celebration, or by the official show autograph provider, for Celebration Podcast Stage broadcasts. When applying, talk about what topics you will cover with your podcast. Any guests you name in your application must be non-celebrity guests you have already confirmed. No celebrity “wish lists” will be considered.
- Podcasts that are accepted to be a part of the Celebration Podcast Stage will be entered in an impartial lottery for time slots.
- The Podcast Stage will be supplied with a dedicated 1.5 MB internet connection, and a riser with table and chairs, but podcasters must bring any additional equipment. Podcasts that are accepted will be contacted with a full list of technical specifications required.
- You may apply for more than 1 podcast timeslot, but only one podcast will be scheduled for you until all other approved single podcasts are scheduled for a podcast.
Fill Out The Celebration Podcast Stage Application