“Being a Celebration volunteer is like being a superhero. In real life, we might be shy, wallflower geeks, but when we put on that orange T-shirt, we are transformed into masters of crowd-control and information-offering.”
The Star Wars Celebration Anaheim (SWCA) Crew team plays a vital role in ensuring the Show runs smoothly, while being successful and fun for Guests and Fans. It’s an excellent way to experience life as a Show organizer—see what goes on “behind the curtain”—and contribute to a massive event for your Star Wars community.
This year, ReedPOP’s on-site crew staff will be paid in exchange for their dedication to work the ENTIRE time at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
The Lucasfilm, Ltd. and ReedPOP staffs appreciate all who offer their time to help run an amazing Show. We are thrilled to offer this opportunity for our super-dedicated Fans. It is also a HUGE reminder that this job is an important component to the success of Star Wars Celebration Anaheim!
- Must be 21 or over
- Must be available to work the full length of Star Wars Celebration Anaheim (Thursday, April 16 – Sunday, April 19, from morning until evening. Hours could vary. Some crew might be needed to work Wednesday, April 15 as well.)
- Do not apply if you plan to work as an Exhibitor, Artist or Panelist at SWCA.
- Must be willing to wear the appropriate crew attire for each position. Crew members will not work in costumes.
General tasks and qualifications include, but may not be limited to:
- Line Management
- Collaborating with staff members on-site to help run portions of the Show
- Room set-up and organization
- Answering questions & giving accurate directions
- Assist Special Event organizers with running Events
The SWCA Staff is looking for individuals who possess at least several, if not all of the following attributes:
- Professionalism – When you work SWCA, you represent ReedPOP AND Lucasfilm, Ltd. Treat everyone well; present yourself well; do the right thing.
- Service-Oriented – Customer service experience is a HUGE plus! Be willing to help your fellow crew and staff members as well as the Attendees.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Self-Starting and able to collaborate with others
- Love Star Wars – Not a requirement per say, but it’s a big plus. You will get asked many questions about Star Wars from the Attendees.
SWCA Crew members are NOT permitted to:
- Handle or be in charge of money
- Manage an Exhibitor’s booth
- Give interviews to Press or speak on behalf of the Show
Note: Crew positions are extremely limited and all applications are subject to approval. If you were qualified as a volunteer for previous Star Wars Celebration Shows, you are not automatically guaranteed a slot for SWCA.
Without further ado, I give you the Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Crew Application.