Star Wars Celebration has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including but not limited to:
Security, Safety & Prop Weapons Policies
- Offensive Verbal Comments
- Harassing Or Non-Consensual Photography Or Recording
- Bathroom Policing
- Unwelcome Physical Attention
- Physical Assault And/Or Battery
- Sustained Disruption Of Panels, Signings, And Other Events
- Inappropriate Physical Contact
- Hate Symbols
In relation, but not limited to:
- National Origin
- Gender Identity
- Sexual Orientation
- Body Size
- Gender Presentation
If a person engages in harassing behavior, Star Wars Celebration Staff will take prompt action in any form they deem appropriate, including expulsion from Star Wars Celebration with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE at the convention. Exhibitors, Fans (Attendees), Speakers, Guests, Professionals, Press, Staff, Volunteers and Security are all subject to our Anti-Harassment Policy and will be held to the same standards and disciplinary action.
If harassing behavior includes illegal activity, law enforcement will be notified. It is the responsibility of all attendees to be familiar with what this language means. Anyone can report harassment. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness the same happening to someone else, you should immediately contact Star Wars Celebration Staff, Security Team or a Crew Member. You may also come to Star Wars Celebration’s Show Office or report the incident via the Star Wars Celebration Mobile App.
Remember: Cosplay is not consent. Please keep your hands to yourself. If you would like to take a picture with or of another Star Wars Celebration fan, always ask first and respect that person’s right to say no. When at Star Wars Celebration, be respectful, be nice, be cool and be kind to each other.
ReedPop’s mission is to create a fun, safe, welcoming, awesome event where fans of all kinds can come together and celebrate. We want you, our fans, to not only have the most amazing weekend ever, but to experience it in an environment where you feel safe and accepted. As fans ourselves, we understand the importance of creating a harassment-free atmosphere for everyone who attends Star Wars Celebration.
Weapons Policy and Prop/Cosplay Weapon Guidelines
Management shall have sole discretion in any matter that they believe may affect public safety or be important to protect the integrity of the event. Please review our entire weapons policy before attending Star Wars Celebration. Failure to adhere to our policy may result in your item being confiscated or your removal from the show without refund. If you’re bringing, buying or selling something that could maim, damage or cause serious bodily harm, we’re going to take issue.
Prop weapons will be allowed providing they are composed of foam or cardboard only. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. The barrel of all prop weapons must be covered with brightly-colored caps. Prop bows will be allowed providing they have soft tips
The following items are forbidden from Star Wars Celebration:
- Functional firearms (this also includes air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Realistic replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms)
- Functional projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns)
- Sharpened metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Chemical weapons (including mace and pepper spray)
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, hockey sticks, clubs, nunchaku, baseball bats)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass)
- Instruments that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenades, whistles and grenade horns
- Aerosol mustard
- Selfie sticks
Security & Safety
The safety and security of our staff, exhibitors, and fans is our priority. We work closely with the venue, corporate security, state, local, and federal law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them, and develop security plans for our events.
Everyone attending Star Wars Celebration should be aware that the following are in place:
- Security may approach you to assist outside, at entry, or inside Celebration.
- Everyone must wear their Celebration badge at all times. This includes exhibitors, vendors, fans (attendees), speakers, guests, media, staff, and crew.
- Security procedures are fully operational at our events to keep the Dark Side at bay.
- Bag checks are in operation at our events.
- Walkthrough or hand-held scanners may be in operation at our events.
- CCTV in operation at our events is monitored and recorded.
- Uniformed and covert Security Guards and Police are in attendance at our event.
- Canine Security and Detection is in operation at some of our events.
Everyone attending Celebration is requested to:
- Keep personal property with you at all times and don't leave any items unattended
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or just out of place to Celebration Staff, Security, or Crew
- Remain patient and courteous with Celebration Staff and Security undertaking security checks. We have your best interests at heart and want to get you inside the building as quickly as possible
- Follow the instructions of Celebration Staff at all times
- On the final day you're attending Celebration, keep your badge as a souvenir or dispose of it inside the venue or when you've returned home. Don't sell it to scalpers who may be outside on the streets. Don't throw it away in trash cans outside the venue. Scalpers are sneaky and will find a way to grab it and upsell it to an unsuspecting fan who doesn't have a badge
- Carry a recognized form of photo ID at all times