Star Wars Celebration is dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure everyone has access to all the event amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons to help us better accommodate our guests. The following explains the services provided at this year’s event. We hope these resources offer an experience at Star Wars Celebration that everyone can enjoy. For any accessibility-related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADA Assistance Program
OFFICIAL STAR WARS CELEBRATION ANAHEIM 2022 GUIDE FOR FANS WITH DISABILITIES
ReedPOP provides ADA Stickers to individuals who may have mobility, physical, vision, hearing, cognitive, psychological, non-apparent or other types of disabilities. An ADA sticker identifies you to Staff, Crew, and Security and indicates that you may need additional assistance.
Please note that the ADA sticker does not provide admission, you must have a valid badge.
** ADA stickers are for the use of one individual only throughout the course of Star Wars Celebration 2022. ADA stickers cannot be redistributed, resold or reallocated. Failure to comply with this will result in revocation of badge without refund and the inability to attend future ReedPop events.**
We provide priority seating for fans with disabilities as available. All seating for panels and screenings are on a first come, first served basis and we cannot guarantee seating for everyone. Please note: Many panels at Star Wars Celebration require a panel reservation in order to attend. ADA stickers do not supersede or take the place of panel reservations.
Guests with disabilities should plan to arrive to a panel at least 30 minutes prior to the event to assist with early accommodations.
Keep in mind that all of our events meet capacity and we will do our best to accommodate the panels important to you, so please check back often for details on how to secure panel reservations where available, and plan accordingly for panels accommodating standby entry or general admission.
There will be an ADA Desk conveniently located at Fan Services in the Marquis Ballroom of the Marriott Hotel located at 700 West Convention Way, Anaheim, CA 92802. Here you can:
- Get your ADA sticker credential.
- Get your ADA questions answered.
- Learn about other accessibility services.
Please Note: You must stop here to get your ADA sticker credential.
- ADA stickers are valid for the entire weekend.
- Please DO NOT remove your sticker for the duration the event.
- One companion sticker will be issued for each disabled patron; exceptions will be made for families with young children.
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion sticker to the ADA Desk to be reissued.
Service animals are permitted throughout the convention however, this DOES NOT include:
- Emotional support animals
- Therapy animals
- Companion animals
Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Only legitimate service animals that are properly trained and under the proper care of their owners will be allowed into the event and provided with the appropriate credentials.
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area.
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
- All animals should have legally required vaccinations.
The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, vendors and all other activity areas. We encourage all guests to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS
If you would like to request ASL Interpretation for any performance, please contact us at email@example.com. Keep in mind, requests must be made no later than 21 days before the event to allow for sufficient processing time.
Requests for Braille/Large Font Print, Guided Tours and/or other forms of Effective Communication, should also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concessions and ATMs: All ATMs and concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with a festival staff member.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, indicated on the event maps and mobile app. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: Star Wars Celebration will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with additional special dietary needs, please contact us at email@example.com for further information.
- Quiet Rooms: A quiet room (209B) and a prayer room (231C) are available onsite and ADA accessible.
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
The Star Wars Celebration accessibility team will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices, or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our festival more accessible we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please reach out to us.