OFFICIAL STAR WARS CELEBRATION 2023 ACCESSIBILITY GUIDE
Star Wars Celebration is an accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have reasonable access provisions to all the event amenities. The following explains the services provided this year. Please read this informational guide thoroughly before sending an inquiry email.
For any accessibility-related questions not answered in the guide, please email us at SWCEurope@tenfiftyent.com. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our Deaf, disabled, or neurodivergent guests. We will do our best to assist you and address your accessibility needs.
Star Wars Celebration will have dedicated entry points at the West Entrance for accessible queuing. If you are walking over from the Aloft or Doubletree Hotel, you should take the (Docklands Light Railway) DLR and alight at Custom House. Do not alight at Prince Regent. The East Entrance via Prince Regent will be closed for the duration of Star Wars Celebration.
We will update our website with maps and more information as we get closer to the event. Please visit the Accessibility Services Hub - located at Registration/Will Call - immediately after entering the event to request the accessible accommodations and services you need.
The venue is navigable for patrons with mobility disabilities. There are accessible routes connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, accessible viewing areas, and all other activity areas.
We encourage all patrons with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. Customers/attendees are permitted to bring crutches, walkers, and canes into the event. If you need to recharge your motorized mobility device, you may do so at the Accessibility Services Hub. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices.
There are a limited number of scooters available for rental at the convention center. Please note it is not possible to pre-book wheelchairs as they are available on a first come, first served basis. A form of ID (such as a driving license, a passport, etc.) will be held as surety for the daily period of the loan. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability.
ACCESSIBLE PARKING and MASS TRANSIT
There are 85 bays suitable for disabled drivers on-site across Orange car park. These are wide bays with minimum dimensions of 5.9m by 3.6m. Access to the building from these bays is along walkways with a gradient of no more than 1:15 and via flat entrance lifts with automatic doors. Blue badge holders can park in designated disabled parking bays free of charge. There is a fine of £80 for parking in a disabled bay without displaying a valid disabled badge.
Please note: the Orange car park only permits vehicles up to a maximum of 1.9 metres height.
All public entrances allow for access by wheelchair via low gradient ramps and an automatic door. Once inside the venue, all floors are level, offering unobstructed access.
You can find information on public transit here. If taking the Underground or DLR, you must alight at Custom House. Do not alight at Prince Regent, the East Entrance will be closed for entry.
ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES HUB
Please Note: All D/deaf, disabled and neurodivergent attendees wishing to use the accessibility provision must stop here on their arrival to attain their Access Sticker. An Access Sticker will allow guests to utilize accessible seating areas and use accessible queues. Access Stickers will be distributed at the Star Wars Celebration Registration area. Accessibility credentials are free of charge and will grant you access to the accessibility services required on account of a disability.
At the Accessibility Hub, you can:
- Request accommodations and services you require.
- Get your accessible questions answered.
- Receive your accessibility credential.
Accessibility Sticker Policies
- Access Stickers are valid for the entire duration of the event.
- Please DO NOT remove your accessibility credential at any point during the event.
- Access customers may request an Access Sticker for one companion if needed (exceptions will be made for families with young children).
- If a disabled guest wants to switch their companion, please bring the old companion credential to the Accessibility Services Hub to be reissued.
There will be dedicated accessible queuing located throughout Star Wars Celebration, including the Celebration Stage, Galaxy Stage, Twin Suns Stage, and Show Store. Please look for signage when you arrive. We encourage you to arrive at least 30 - 45 minutes prior to a panel start time to join the dedicated queue.
ACCESSIBLE VIEWING AREAS
- Guests may not save spots.
- Blocking the view of the guests sitting behind you is not permitted.
- Accessible seating will be filled prior to general seating. If you are not in the designated line by the time we release the queue, there may not be accessible seating available when you arrive.
We welcome assistance dogs at our event. The Equality and Human Rights Commission states that:
Assistance dogs are highly trained which means they:
- will not wander freely around the premises.
- will sit or lie quietly on the floor next to their owner.
- are unlikely to foul in a public place.
We recognise that not all assistance dogs are registered with Assistance Dogs UK Members and assistance dogs can be trained by their owners. Where an assistance dog has not been trained by an Assistance Dogs UK-registered charity, we need to ask customers to demonstrate that their dog has been trained:
- not to wander around the premises or approach other customers.
- To only go to the toilet on command in a designated area of the event.
- To sit or lie quietly next to the customer they are supporting.
All Assistance Dogs must be verified by the Accessibility Coordinator or Accessibility Manager.
This request is to ensure we meet customers’ access requirements whilst ensuring we also fulfill our legal obligation to prove a safe environment for all customers.
We ask that you do not leave your animal in your car while you're attending the event, as vehicles without active air conditioning may become too hot and unsafe for any animal.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION REQUESTS
We accept requests for any of the following services:
- British Sign Language Interpretation.
- Other forms of Effective Communication.
The request deadline of March 8th has passed. At this time, we are no longer taking Effective Communication Services requests.
- First Aid: We have A First Aid location at the bottom of the stairs on Level 0 by N4/S4. Professional medical staff can provide assistance to your medical needs at these locations. If you are unable to make it to the First Aid station, please notify security or the nearest staff member immediately and they will assist you.
- Special Dietary Needs: The event will have food vendors that provide gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond what will be offered at the event, please contact us at SWCEurope@tenfiftyent.com for further assistance.
- Prescription Medications: All prescription medications must be in the original manufacturer container with your name on it, which matches your government-issued photo ID. Please only bring a sufficient amount of medication for the duration of the event.
- Other Services: If you would like to request large format print/braille literature, guided tours for guests with visual disabilities, assistive listening devices, or any other accommodation not listed, please reach out to us at SWCEurope@tenfiftyent.com at least 30 days prior to the event.
If you require assistance on account of pregnancy, nursing, or breast milk pumping, please reach out to the information team at SWCEurope@tenfiftyent.com. There are baby changing facilities on level 0 in both the male and female toilets in the boulevard. In the ICC area (The east end of the venue) the red blocks between S9/S10, N10/N11, the Prince Regent DLR east corridor and East Level 0, the baby change facilities are in the disabled toilets. The family room can be found by S9. Inside has two changing mats, chairs for breastfeeding, a microwave to heat up baby food and a bottle warmer. It also contains a sink and toilet.
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
Star Wars Celebration will consider requests by guests with disabilities for reasonable adjustment of event policies, practices or procedures, or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit each person equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our event more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at SWCEurope@tenfiftyent.com for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about our accessibility policies or services, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
We hope you find this guide informative, we look forward to seeing you at Star Wars Celebration!